Affinity Lab, located at 920 U Street NW in D.C., is the home of an array of talented startups, up-and-coming entrepreneurs, nonprofits and a variety of other organizations. This wide variety of business people creates a place for motivated entrepreneurs to connect with others interested in the same ideas.
Their site reads, “An idea only gets you about 10% of the way- the remaining 90% execution and network.”
The team at Affinity Lab has helped launch over 200 businesses, the majority still successfully in business.
But how do they get all these strangers to sit down and “collaborate” with each other?
Their answer: “beer and disco balls.” Just kidding! Affinity Lab has quite the proactive system in place when working to connect their clients with one another.
“People– We have the right people”
“Programs– We do a ton of events from laser tag to happy hours to meet ups” (So they weren’t exactly kidding about the ‘beer and disco balls’ after all…
“Education- We host classes from iPhone Boot Camps to writing seminars”
“Communication– So many tools, but none better than the human voice”
“Space– If we are all in one huge, cool room, we are destined to be friends”